LiveRules’s unique way of loading the data from any Java supported Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) is as simple as,
- Doing some mapping using our web-based administrator module.
- Once the database details are provided, LiveRules automatically connects to the database, and lists all the table and columns
- Now you can map to your business names which can then be used within the rules when you author them.
For example, let us consider that you have a customer who has multiple address in your RDBMS. Let us look at the sample table structure below.
cust_addr_type (H - home, O - Office, etc)
If you had to load these two table data through SQL for a given “customer id” and feed in a data object. And then pass them to a Rules Engine is going to take a while. It involves a lot of coding from the developer. Of course, you can be worried about defects and thus cost you a lot of time and money with time and other resources.
- Build the customer and customer address objects
- Write the query and loop through and populate these objects
- Go to the rules engine and then configure your objects to a business name
- Load the objects and invoke the rules engine with the data objects
- Get the results
What if someone says no coding! Just do the database to business field name mapping and pass the customer id to get the results. Isn’t that awesome and saves you a lot of time, money and resource?
Of course they definitely save a lot of development, maintenance time. Of course, use the resource time for something really productive.
This is where LiveRules makes the difference in 3 simple steps.
- Give the database details and do the business name mapping to each of your table columns (as needed).
- Author your rule using the business names that you have just created
- Invoke the rules engine with the customer that you like to process the rule for (by sending the value for customer id)
The savings are endless when you have more complex tables and columns. LiveRules just of the box enables the mapping and gives you a jump-start for business. LiveRules enables the Low-code/No-code approach to create the business rules at an ultra speed.